Homemade Spicy Cowboy Caviar, a party hit!
This is a meal in its self. It is so hardy and a great party hit! Recently, a friend of mine made this as a delicious treat before dinner while camping, and let me tell you, it hit the spot! Since then, I have made this Cowboy Caviar several times, but added some spice to it! Making it, Spicy cowboy caviar!
This is an easy and fast dish to make, and great amount for a party. Also, you can totally cut this recipe in half if you are making it for yourself or even two people.
The main thing to remember when making this dish, is to add the avocados last. Avocados are delicate and get messy quick.
Here we go! Let’s make us some Cowboy Caviar!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup of red salsa/ Pace
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 16 oz. can of sweet corn/ or frozen & thawed
- 16 oz. can of black eyed peas/ you can also use black beans
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium size red onion
- 1/2 a bundle of cilantro
- 2 Serranos
- 3 avocados cut into thick chunks
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste! It usually take a fair amount of salt. You can also add a Tbsp. of honey if you want a bit of sweetness.
How to make it:
1. Chop the red onion, serranos, avocados (thick chunks), & cilantro.
2. Half or quarter the cherry tomatoes.
3. Add everything into a large bowl except the avocado and garlic.
4. Use a garlic press for the 3 cloves of garlic, mix all ingredients well.
5. Lastly, gently add the avocado and evenly distribute.
Share this recipes with friends and family, or save it for later. Pin It!
If you like spicy side dishes/salsa’s, you might want to try these!
Cheers to healthy eating!