It’s that time of year when we spend more hours indoors and those yucky germs can get the best of us. This is my all time favorite soup when I am feeling under the weather. As much as I would like to claim this as my own. It’s not. My mother-in-law is truly an amazing cook. This is just one of the dishes that I had to learn how to make. And I’m pretty sure that my hubby is happy about that too! He loves this soup!
This is a very healthy soup with lots of broth. I did make this recipe easy on myself by changing a few things. Rather than putting a whole uncooked chicken in the pot of soup. I purchased an already cooked chicken pulled apart, and then placed it in the soup. This saves a mess, and time. It literally allows you to make this soup in minutes. I get the rice cooking, as it takes the longest. Chop up the veggies, let them cook, and you are done!
We like it the Spanish style! But you choose what your family will like the best!
By adding some chopped white onion, chopped cilantro, some lemon juice, and Tapitio, it adds a whole new flare! This will rock your chicken soup world by adding a whole new twist of flavor!
- 64oz. Chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup white rice
- 3 Carrots peeled and quartered
- 3 Celery sticks halved and then quartered
- 4 Small potatoes quartered
- 2 Garlic cloves halved
- 1 Whole cooked chicken
- Sea salt to taste
- Place broth in pot, and your rice and let it boil while you chop veggies. Next pull chicken apart, and place in broth. Last add your veggies. Should take just a few minutes for rice and veggies to cook.
- Add chopped white onion, lemon juice, chopped cilantro, and Tapitio hot sauce for a little authentic Spanish flare!